The Minimalissimo team would like to wish you all happy holidays and a very Merry Christmas. We appreciate all of our new and longstanding readers and we hope to continue featuring beautiful minimalist designs every single day of the coming year. It’s going to be an interesting one, with many exciting announcements. All the best!
— Adele, Bronwyn, Carl, Gian Marco, Jana, Jillian, Jorge, Marina, Mateus, Melle, Nhat & Niels-Peter.
This year's little festive feature is courtesy of Joyce Croonen and her handmade ombre Christmas ornaments. If you’re still feeling creative, here’s how to make them:
1. Buy white ornaments or get some old ones in any light colour you happen to have lying around somewhere.
2. Hang the ornaments outside on a piece of rope so you can easily paint them.
3. Spray paint the old ornaments completely white (if you’ve bought white ones, skip this step).
4. Once they are dry, spray paint your way up with black paint.
5. Take your time: spray paint at the bottom and try to get the ombre effect by slowly enlarging the distance between the ornaments and the paint.